Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser Tattoo and Pigment Removal Specialist in Augusta, GA
An unwanted tattoo is like a bad memory that’s permanently lingering on your body. With laser tattoo removal at New Skin Medical, we can correct unwanted skin pigment and eliminate your tattoos for good. Using the advanced picosecond technology of the Cutera® enlighten® laser, Dr. Sherman can permanently erase any tattoos or pigmented lesions, leaving your skin clear, unmarked, and undamaged.
Why enlighten® for Tattoo Removal?
- Industry-leading platform for tattoo removal
- Blends the correct energy levels, spot sizes, and wavelengths for ideal effectiveness
- Powerfully versatile technology combines nanosecond and picosecond pulses to effectively remove pigment
- Offers a strong, non-thermal, photomechanical effect to shatter pigment without injuring the skin
- Matches pulse duration to ink particle size for faster and more complete clearance
- Virtually no downtime
- Results achieved in 3 to 10 sessions
- What englighten® can Treat
- Your Treatment Experience
- Elimination of tattoo ink anywhere on the body
- New or matured tattoos
- Black or multicolored tattoos
- Acne scars
- Benign pigmented lesions
- Can also improve skin texture, skin quality, pore size, and skin aging
- Performed in-office for your convenience and comfort
- A topical numbing cream, local anesthetic, or ice may be applied to minimize discomfort during the treatment
- The enlighten® laser system will send light pulses into the skin to break apart the pigment
- Over time, the body will naturally remove the broken-down pigment particles
- Patients may experience some discomfort similar to a snapping rubber band (does not damage skin)
- Complete treatment session lasts only minutes
- Multiple treatments (usually 3 to 10 sessions) spaced at least 6 weeks apart are needed to completely remove the pigment
Laser Tattoo Removal Frequently Asked Questions
How does the laser tattoo removal treatment work?
Tattoo removal is achieved using a combination of nanosecond and picosecond light pulses. These beams of light travel through the skin and are absorbed by the tattoo ink or pigmented lesion. This causes the pigment to break down into smaller particles, which the body then naturally disposes of over time.
How does enlighten® compare to other tattoo removal treatments?
Many tattoo removal treatments are only effective on certain ink colors. They also frequently require many treatment sessions and are still unable to completely remove the tattoo pigment. With enlighten®, you can have effective treatment of any color tattoo or unwanted pigmented lesion. You can expect fewer treatment sessions, a faster recovery, and the best results possible.
How many treatment sessions will I need?
Multiple treatment sessions are needed to entirely remove a tattoo. Most patients will need anywhere from 3 to 10 sessions. The number of treatment sessions will depend on factors such as:
- Ink type
- Ink amount
- Ink depth
- Body location
- Age of tattoo
- Tattoo color
- Tattoo size
How can I ensure the best results from my laser tattoo removal procedure?
To make your laser tattoo removal as efficient as possible, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly both before and after your treatment. Doing so helps your body eliminate the tattoo ink as quickly as possible. Quitting smoking can also enhance the procedure and healing process. You should also protect the treated skin by using a high-quality sunscreen or avoiding sun exposure for several days after treatment.
Is laser tattoo removal painful?
There is some discomfort with the treatment. Many describe the feeling as similar to that of a snapping rubber band, but it doesn’t harm your skin.
Dr. Sherman uses a variety of methods to help with the discomfort, including ice to keep the area cool, topical numbing creams, or sometimes even an injectable local anesthetic. It usually takes only minutes to complete each session.