Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Specialist in Augusta, GA
There’s a smarter way to get rid of unwanted hair than daily shaving or waxing. You can achieve long-lasting smooth skin with laser hair removal treatments here at New Skin Medical. Using the advanced Icon™ Aesthetic System by Cynosure®, Dr. Sherman can deliver amazingly smooth skin that is perpetually sleek and hair-free.
Why the Icon™ Aesthetic System?
- Safe and effective for most skin types
- Safe for use on most body parts, including the legs, face, back, chest, arms, and underarms
- Permanently destroys hair follicles so they don’t grow back
- Cooling technology minimizes discomfort and side effects
- Virtually painless treatment
- Short treatments (usually less than 1 hour)
- No downtime
- Small spot size makes it possible to treat smaller target areas
- Customizable treatment options allow for a more comprehensive and personal treatment experience
- Maximum effective energy that is more powerful than other leading brands
- Recycling technology minimizes energy loss during treatment for better results
- Analyzes melanin in the skin to ensure superior results with minimized risks
- Popular Treatment Areas
- Your Treatment Experience
- Performed in-office for your convenience and comfort
- The handheld device delivers laser beams to the treatment area to destroy hair follicles beneath the skin, preventing them from growing again
- Patients may feel some pressure and slight stinging, but cooling technology prevents any real discomfort during treatment
- Most treatments take between a few minutes and 1 hour, depending on the size of the treatment area and the texture of the hair
- Afterward, patients may feel a mild burning sensation (like a sunburn) lasting up to several hours
- Patients can immediately resume normal activities after treatment
- Multiple treatment sessions are necessary to eliminate all hairs in the initial growth phase
Scar Removal Frequently Asked Questions
Who can get laser hair removal treatment?
Laser hair removal is most effective for patients with lighter skin and darker hair, but the treatment is also effective for a variety of skin types and hair colors. Because the laser targets the pigment of the hair, individuals with white, gray, or red hair may not see the same results as individuals with dark hair. Laser hair removal with the Icon™ Aesthetic System can be performed on individuals with most skin types.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal works by transmitting laser beams through the skin toward the hair shafts. It targets the pigment of hairs in the growth phase, and the hairs absorb the light beams. The absorbed laser energy destroys the hair follicles so that the hair cannot regrow. Since hair follicles go through several phases, all at different times, multiple treatments are required to target all hairs within the growth phase. Eventually, all hair follicles can be destroyed so that shaving and waxing will no longer be necessary to maintain smooth skin.
What is recovery like after laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal has no downtime, although patients may experience a temporary burning sensation (like a mild sunburn) for up to several hours after treatment. You should avoid sun exposure and use a high-quality sunscreen for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment to protect your skin, as it will be more sensitive while it heals.
How many laser hair removal treatments will I need?
Laser hair removal targets hairs in the initial growth phase. Since not all hair follicles will be in this growth phase at the same time, multiple treatment sessions are necessary to eliminate the hair in a treatment area. The density of your hair type, your skin type, and hair growth patterns all determine the number of treatments you will need. Treatments are typically spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart until the desired results are achieved.